To display your venue marketing in split-screen alongside live streamed channels you will require a split screen configured playlist (for bottom banner and promo screen areas). To learn more about split-screen format, see What you need for a split-screen venue marketing TV channel.
To activate your venue marketing and advertising to play alongside live streamed channels, follow the steps below (Note: These steps will only work for devices that are configured to play split-screen playlists):
- Login to the My.Screach portal and go to the ‘Devices’ area which is located in the top right of the top navigation menu (Note: If you are a multi venue operator first you should navigate to the desired venue).
- Here you will see your venue’s Screach Box/s which may or may not be named to inform you which TVs they are linked to. For the devices configured to play split-screen playlists, you will see a toggle named ‘Screen Layout’. Depending on which devices (and so linked TVs) you want in split-screen you should toggle the switch so the circle is closest to ‘Split’ (and vice versa for full screen) (Note: It can take up to 5 minutes for your TV to change to full or split-screen once switched).
- Now go to the ‘Channels’ area which is located in the top navigation menu.
- Choose the channel you want to show on your TV and select ‘Watch Now’.
- A window named ‘Update Screens’ will then appear; within this window you will see your individual venue/s (depending on your permissions).
- Using the dropdown arrows, navigate to the venue you want to distribute the live streamed channel to and again click the dropdown arrow.
- Here you will see your venue’s devices (Screach Box/s) which if named appropriately will inform you which TVs they are linked to. Now click on the tick boxes on the devices (and so linked TVs) that you want to show your live channel on, followed by ‘Update’.
- Your channel will now start playing in split-screen format that you previously selected (Note: It can take up to 5 minutes for the channel to change and start playing on your TV once it has been selected to play in the My.Screach portal).
- Now your live channel is playing in split-screen, you can switch between full and split-screen at any time without reselecting the live channel to play by repeating steps 1 to 2.
If you don’t currently have the ability and would like to live stream channels in split-screen, please email our Customer Support Team at email@example.com or call us on 0345 11 33 888.